Saturday, March 30, 2013

☼ What to do if shorts are your enemy ☼

If you are anything like me, you despise wearing shorts. I am unable to pinpoint my dislike for them, but it definitely exists. Maybe it's due to the fact that I've never had a pair of shorts that fit really well (thank you Spanish curves), or maybe it's the fact that I just love jeans. I am a pretty simple girl, and denim just does it for me.

As the warmer months approach I am forced to come head to head with my mortal enemy-shorts. Stores are about ready to explode with shorts of every kind, high-waisted, short shorts, booty shorts, dolphin shorts, you get the deal. So what am I to do? Well for starters, I am much too proud to suck it up and slip on a pair. So here is my fool proof route to cool legs this summer.

Okay, so I understand this isn't exactly leaving my comfort zone with the whole jeans thing... But the high waisted bottoms paired with a tiny little top is my kind of way to show some skin. I'm thinking this is gonna be my go to look a la Jaclyn Smith. Summer nights will bring many turtleneck crop tanks, sorry I am not sorry boys.

I'm also really feelin skirts. I'm thinking of purchasing a few above the knee numbers. I like the bodycon shape but with a more conservative length, it's a match made in heaven. 


I'm going crazy over the whimsical printed skirts from DEVOWEVO a Brooklyn based independent clothing label.
My online cart is getting a little too big...

And last, but certainly not least, Rihanna for River Island is just what I need this summer. Effortless yet chic, and not too trend obsessed. 



The attached silk shirt overlays are perfection. They add just the right amount of edge to a fairly simple look. The yellow dress is stunning, I am happy just looking at it.

If all else fails I may be joining the masses and trying out the summer's biggest trend-overalls. I swear they are different then shorts. Maybe...


1 comment:

  1. Wow, amazing blog! *____* I love your header!

    http://www.caterina-m.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete