Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Yung Bambi Givenchy

No this is not sometimes ridiculous twitter name but rather a nod to Bambi's appearance in Givenchy's latest runway show. It sounds odd, I understand, but it was perfect.
Not to toot my own horn or anything but I'm pretty sure this collection was made for a rich me. Riccardo, can you see into my mind? The oversized sweaters and sheer skirt combo, the flames, the black on black, the roses, the flannel!!! The list goes on, and I love every bit of it. Suddenly I have become such a bright an cheery character, who knew I had it in me?
Bravo to Riccardo Tisci. This is how you appropriately translate youth into your designs. This is how you gain respect. Just because a brand may be trying to access new regions of the market does not mean quality is suddenly secondary. Hedi should have been taking notes, there is no way this collection could be confused for TopShop.

This is how you do it.















No comments:

Post a Comment