Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Oscar Day

I try not to be a judgmental person, but when there's a red carpet I can't hold back. The best and worst dressed are entirely up to me. No one else has any say, their opinions are irrelevant.

This past Sunday was a night for some of the biggest labels. Dior, Armani, and Valentino held an enormous presence on Oscar night. Although the labels continue to please the crowds, it is upsetting to see such a stark domination. Young designers should be on their way to ubiquity on the red carpet, rather than the obsolesce this awards season has displayed.

Topping my personal list of the best is Jennifer Lawrence in Dior. Her gown created a large presence that demanded attention. Whether or not this was her intention, it was a dress made for a winner.

My other favorites included Charlize Theron in Dior, Halle Berry in Versace, Sally Field in Valentino, Amanda Seyfried in Alexander McQueen, and Jessica Chastain in Armani Privé. Last but not least I loved Anne Hathaway in Prada. Yes, that was read correctly. I though it was a very classic an perfectly flattering choice. Maybe just to piss everyone off I will make her my best dressed. Maybe tomorrow...







No comments:

Post a Comment